SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
AND APPLICATION PROCESS
To enter the Dr. Martin Luther King Parade Foundation (MLKPF) Scholarship contest, an applicant must meet certain basic requirements and submit all the requested information. To be considered an applicant you must:
Apply for one of the three MLKPF Scholarships listed below.
- Exemplify high moral character, a heart for service, and a familiarity with the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Be a high school senior in a Hillsborough County public, private, charter or home school.
- Have a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) (State or District) or above at the time of application submission.
- All applicants must submit an essay between 350 and 700 words on the topic, “What Dr. Martin Luther King’s life means to me and how I will live his dream”.
- All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or administrator from the school they attend.
- All applicants must submit some evidence of community service or participation in charitable activities
- First Generation College Student Award – A student who will become the first in their family to attend a junior college or post-secondary institution.
- Most Improved Student Award – A student who can demonstrate significant improvement in their grades and/ or behavioral history from the time they entered high school to their senior year.
- Academic Excellence Award – The student with the highest verifiable GPA of all applicants.
Please submit your ONLINE application packet, no later than November 30, 2023, including the following:
- Applicant Information (completed)
- Essay (typed)
- Current, official certified transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Media Release Form (completed)
FINANCIAL AWARD PROCESS
Students shall enroll in the 2024 Fall semester of a Community College or University to be eligible to receive MLKPF funds. Awards will be disbursed upon receipt of proof of enrollment. Proof can be mailed or e-mailed to:
Dr. Martin Luther King Parade Foundation, Inc.
5508 N 50th Street, Ste. 28
Tampa, FL. 33610